What is Green Building? Green Building is the practice of increasing the efficiency with which buildings and their sites use and harvest energy, water,materials. Reducing building impacts on human health and the environment, through better siting, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and removal — the complete building life cycle. The appearance and style of sustainable homes and buildings can be nearly indistinguishable from their less sustainable counterparts.
Benefits of Green Building include:
- Reduced facility operating costs by increasing productivity and using less energy and water.
- Improved public and occupant health due to improved indoor air quality.
- Reduced environmental impacts.
Our Commitment: Heartwood Design/Build is committed to many of the ideas of sustainable building, allowing us to decrease our operational costs which we then pass on to the customer. Streamlining through the principles of reducing, reusing, and recycling has been an integral part of our business plan since company inception. Examples included:
- Waste stream diversion plan
- Creative use and reuse of materials
- Selecting materials with ease of maintenance and longevity.
- Conscientious decision-making in regards to company resources/purchases.
- Use of locally sourced materials when available
Building green in our community:
Heartwood Design/Build assists our clients in creating “greener” spaces through education and appropriate product selection. We are committed to sharing our knowledge of locally sourced materials and fabricators for most common aspects of construction.